Friday, November 6, 2009

Guadalajara Day 1

Estoy aquí en Guadalajara ahora! I got here yesterday after 8 hours of bus travel. The family is really nice and the house is great!
They have a scottie dog named Bronson. Yes, hes is named after Charles. He's adorable and pretty feisty...like Charles Bronson. Paco named him Bronson because he thinks the dog looks like Charles Bronson.

Leticia is la Señora of the house. She also seems pretty feisty. She works in real estate and seems to be real no-nonsense, but not in a scary way. Her son Paco, told me she parties with their exchange students. Teaches them salsa and what not. When I went out with Paco last night she told me I had better take good care of her son because he was the only one she had.

Paco is pretty cool too. He used to do Muay Tai, like a bad ass. He took me out with him and his cousin on the Welcome to Mexico tour. They actually said that, "welcome to Mex-ee-co!", a lot last night as they proceeded to get me drunk. The first place we went to was called Wing's Army. It was basically Mojos with an American Military theme. Next time I get homesick, I'm getting some hot wings at Wing's Army. It really makes me wish I had bought a Mojos shirt to represent on this vacation...

We went to this place that served margaritas made out of a new fruit for me, a lima. Different from limón (lemon or lime), it is sweeter, a cross between an orange and a lime. Yum! After that, we went to an "underground bar". It was in a basement, but I got the impression that it was also being called an underground because it wasn't legit. People were smoking in there which is banned inside public places throughout Mexico. I danced with some girl, everyone seemed to think I dance strangely (weird huh?), and these dudes started chanting "besan! besan!" which means they wanted us to kiss. I told one of the guys we would if he kissed one of his guy friends. When he said no, I told him he must not be very comfortable with his sexual self. We left shortly thereafter.

Ok, Bronson is begging to be petted. I'm out!

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! Did you tell him that in spanish? What is "you must not be very comfortable with your sexual self" in Spanish?

    -Kensey

    ReplyDelete
  2. "No estas muy comodo con tu sexualidad."
    What I should have said was:
    "Dáme mamelucos huey!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Oh, if only!

    -Kensey

    ReplyDelete
  4. what are mamelucos?

    i don't think smoking banned in estado de mexico; i went to see kinky at a club there a couple of months ago and people were smoking, which my companions confirmed was because we weren't within the borders of DF. maybe it is banned in jalisco though.

    ReplyDelete