Sunday, November 15, 2009

¡Gane!

This photo here is an illustration of my favorite Spanish drinking expression, puños dobles. Double fisting. Guess who came up with that one? Too bad Sol (Mexican High Life) tastes like piss water.











The girls and I went to a soccer game yesterday. Guadalajara Chivas VS Cruz Azul from D.F. La Cruz beat the Chivas 1-0. It was such a fun game! There was this awesome chick in front of us who kept yelling profanities, and I learned a lot of them. Collecting Mexican slang is my new favorite hobby. One thing we didn't understand, "¡saquen tu lengua!" which means "stick out your tounge!". Huh? My favorite Chivas fan chant was "pongánse con tus huevos"...basically "put your balls into it!" Kind of like that Ice Cube song. You can do it put your balls into it.... They sure did! Professional soccer is a lot more fun to watch live than I ever expected... Yea Chiva Chivas!

We were pretty drunk by the end of the game. God, its sooo much easier to speak Spanish borracha. It was crazy, before the game started, we went to this Big Box-type store called Soriana so the girls could get some warmer clothes. Outside of the store was this "Bicardi Zone" tent where these two really cute guys were giving out free shot samples. (Bicardi makes a tequila. I decided I really needed to take 3 shots of it before I could decide if I liked it.) WTF??? Thats like having a free weed brownie stand outside of Target. As I have expressed so many times before, Mexicans are amazing. This is what happened to my housemates after the game (I was looking pretty much the same by then)




We had a great time at this bar, Mutualisma, after the game. Some guys we hollered at en route in the taxi followed us there and we spent the next 3 or 4 hours making friends and watching the Box Azteca fight on TV. Some of them were awfully cute! We decided we liked them so much, we accompanied them to this high class gentleman's club. It def wasn't the Clairemont Lounge. All the girls were goregous and they defied gravity on those poles. Get it girls!!! Ask me about my adventures there sometime. I certainly do not think it would be a good idea to publish them here...

We started out yesterday around 11 am with the idea of a quiet day of exploring Guadalajara city center. We made it back to our Colonia around 6 am this morning. We had NO IDEA we were going to have such a crazy day when we started it. I'm feeling it today for sure. I have YET to have a boring day here in Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment