Wednesday, November 25, 2009

El Mariachi

Whoah! So, I met this guy who plays violin in a mariachi band (he went with us to the strip club) and we were supposed to go out on a date Monday night, but that night he told me his father suddenly got sick and that we would have to postpone it. This was ok with me because I wasn't all that excited about going, though I'm always down to practice my Spanish, and he's pretty cute. He also calls me "preciosa", which is what I call small cute children and that is what the nurses call us gals in clinic. Not really something I want my date to call me. Soooooo anyway, Monday he asked my if I could go out Tuesday (yesterday) and I said I wasn't sure (posiblemente).

LAST NIGHT: Mariachi man called me SEVEN TIMES IN A ROW and never left a message. WTF? I ignored every call because it was weird. I got an email from him this morning. Story goes, he came to my house, knocked on the door, no one heard him, so he sat in his car and called me a million times. He told me he saw a man come out of the house and leave in his minivan, all jealous-like. I was OBVIOUSLY sleeping around with this guy, right? The man, it turns out, was Jesus. The 40 year old guy who owns the place I live in. I'm such a puta!

I told him, with an email reply, that I didn't like his tone and I thought it was weird that he called me so much and NEVER called me prior to stopping by the house. These guys can be so possessive here! I might be turning asexual in Mexico (again) after all. Damn. So much for dating Mariachi men...

1 comment: