Thursday, December 3, 2009

Uhhhh...

So I was looking up youtube videos in español about prenatal care to use as a visual for my medical Spanish presentation on Premature Labor. I stumbled upon this anti-abortion rap and decided I needed to share it with my friends.

Warning, this is pretty graphic and disturbing. I am trying to look at it through a cultural lens. Abortion is illegal in almost every case in México. I'm pretty sure that the birthplace-of-birth-control (that would be México, ya'll) only performs elected abortions in cases of rape and when the mother's life is in danger.

I'll just say this one more time. Whoah.

2 comments:

  1. abortion is legal in DF through 1st trimester

    http://www.andar.org.mx/

    but some people might think of DF as a different country

    same-sex unions are also legal here (according to that travesti magazine i bought), and a city council member has just introduced a move to make gay marriage legal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, I just checked out that anti-abortion video. Creepy!

    ReplyDelete